- About MODUL
- Research - CSRE
- GET INVOLVED
- Academic Programmes
- University Preparation
- Transfer Students
- Short Courses
- Inside MBA
- Language Courses by MODUL
- Bespoke Training by MODUL
- Sponsorships & Events
- Corporate Partnerships
- Global Campuses
- Student Life
- Student Services Department
- Life as a MODULian
- On Campus
- Rotation Programme
- International Student Exchange
- Alumni & Career Centre
- Events & Media Centre
- Contact Us
- Online Application
Master of Science in Sustainable Development, Management and Policy
The MSc programme in Sustainable Development, Management, and Policy (SDMP) invites students from diverse backgrounds to explore sustainability through a multidisciplinary lens. The programme strives to build a high level of expertise among its graduates for analyzing conditions and problems related to sustainability and for effective solution design.
- Composed of a unique combination of theory and practical hands-on application
- SDMP students are provided with a solid multidisciplinary background that draws on material from fields including economics, governance, social psychology, environmental sciences, geography, and management.
- Small class sizes provide the ideal environment for collaborative learning. MSc students are challenged to examine a broad range of specific analytical topics and are given the opportunity to apply them in practical ways.
- Topics include stakeholder-specific implementation; public, private, and third sector implications of sustainable development; policy and governance-related sustainability issues; environmental and sustainable management issues; and economic development issues.
Strengths of an MSc Degree: Set Yourself Apart
- Multidisciplinary context, unique curriculum, and customized research opportunities
- Emphasis on critical thinking, collaborative learning, and addressing 21st-century challenges
- Exposure to emerging eco-friendly conceptual tools and management skills
- Small class sizes taught by key experts
- Globally-oriented university environment with English as the lingua-franca
- Graduates ready to fill in-demand positions in a wide variety of public and private organizations
Students from diverse academic and professional backgrounds are welcome in MU's Sustainable Development, Management, and Policy programme. Current SDMP students have backgrounds in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, IT, and business. The MU admissions team counsels students from non-traditional backgrounds on what courses they might need to take in order to succeed in the MSc programme.
|Module I||Management and Research Fundamentals||30|
|Module II||Sustainable Development and Policy||24|
|Module III||Professional Application of Sustainable Development||18|
|Module IV||Enrichment Courses/Certificate||18|
|Module V||Master Thesis||30|
|Module VI||Internship* (Optional)||6|
ECTS points (European Credit Transfer System – ECTS, 87/327/ECC, Official Journal no. L 166 from 25 June 1987, CELEX no. 387D0327) are allocated for each course depending on the student workload. In the schedule of studies, in addition to the numbers of hours, the corresponding ECTS points for each course are allocated.
Each ECTS credit corresponds to 25 working hours for the student.
Tailor your MSc Degree with Certificates
The flexible nature of six unique MSc Certificate tracks gives students the chance to acquire deeper insight into future oriented areas that draw upon MU faculty research strengths.
In order to earn a Certificate, students must complete a combination of Enrichment Courses (totaling 18 ECTS) from one of the below tracks. Students who do not want to pursue a certificate have the option to choose Enrichment Courses from all six specialization fields.
Earning a Certificate gives you a competitive edge in global business and helps develop sought-after management and leadership skills to shape your future career
Innovation and Design for Tourism
Real Estate Management and Hotel Development
UNICEF, UNDP in UAE and
Ministries, governmental entities and chambers of Commerce and Industry
Private and government organisation geared towards sustainability and governance
UAE's vision 2021 positioning as a hub of research and innovation and sustainable energy
44% UAE Renewable Energy
sector jobs by 2030
Get in Touch
Master of Science in Sustainable Development, Management & Policy
Sonia Nasser, Keynote speaker for Master of Science Class at MODUL
Dubai Investment Week - The Center for Sustainability through Research & Education
Hani Aridi at MODUL University Dubai's First Annual Alumni Awards