- About MODUL
- Research - CSRE
- GET INVOLVED
- Academic Programmes
- University Preparation
- Transfer Students
- Dean's List
- Professional Education
- Professional Courses
- Language Courses by MODUL
- Bespoke Training by MODUL
- Sponsorships & Events
- Corporate Partnerships
- Global Campuses
- Student Life
- Student Services Department
- Life as a MODULian
- On Campus
- Rotation Programme
- International Student Exchange
- Alumni & Career Centre
- Events & Media Centre
- Contact Us
- Online Application
Master of Science in Sustainable Development, Management and Policy
The MSc programme in Sustainable Development, Management, and Policy (SDMP) invites students from diverse backgrounds to explore sustainability through a multidisciplinary lens. The programme strives to build a high level of expertise among its graduates for analysing conditions and problems related to sustainability and for effective solution design among its graduates to enable them to analyse sustainability-related problems, and come up with creative solutions.
- Programme curriculum strikes a balance between theory and practical application.
- Courses take a multidisciplinary approach and draw on a number of different fields including economics, psychology, environmental science, management, law and corporate governance.
- Small class sizes provide the optimal environment for learning, and students have opportunities to undertake research projects of individual interest.
- Broad themes examined in the programme include sustainability metrics and their application in private, public and NGO settings; public policy and governance; environmental management; and economic development in a finite world.
Set yourself apart: Develop a profile as a sustainability professional
- Multidisciplinary context, unique curriculum, and customised research opportunities
- Emphasis on critical thinking, collaborative learning, and addressing the 21st-century challenges
- Exposure to new tools and skills required of managers in a resource-constrained world
- Small classes taught by leading experts
- An international, professional and cultural diverse cohort with English as the lingua franca
- Real-world orientation with a focus on enhancing professional profiles and employability in an important new field
Students from diverse academic and professional backgrounds are welcome in MU's Sustainable Development, Management, and Policy programme. Current SDMP students have backgrounds in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, IT, and business. The MU admissions team counsels students from non-traditional backgrounds on what courses they might need to take in order to succeed in the MSc programme.
As a sustainability professional you will be
- Able to master the new cognitive ability required to manage sustainable enterprise
- A systems thinker
- Highly emotionally intelligent
- An agile leadership
- Transdisciplinary in your approach
|Module I||Management and Research Fundamentals||30|
|Module II||Sustainable Development and Policy||24|
|Module III||Professional Application of Sustainable Development||18|
|Module IV||Enrichment Courses/Certificate||18|
|Module V||Master Thesis||30|
|Module VI||Internship* (Optional)||6|
ECTS points (European Credit Transfer System – ECTS, 87/327/ECC, Official Journal no. L 166 from 25 June 1987, CELEX no. 387D0327) are allocated for each course depending on the student workload. In the schedule of studies, in addition to the numbers of hours, the corresponding ECTS points for each course are allocated.
Each ECTS credit corresponds to 25 working hours for the student.
Tailor your MSc Degree with Certificates
The flexible nature of six unique MSc Certificate tracks gives students the chance to acquire deeper insight into future oriented areas that draw upon MU faculty research strengths.
In order to earn a Certificate, students must complete a combination of Enrichment Courses (totaling 18 ECTS) from one of the below tracks. Students who do not want to pursue a certificate have the option to choose Enrichment Courses from all six specialization fields.
Earning a Certificate gives you a competitive edge in global business and helps develop sought-after management and leadership skills to shape your future career
Innovation and Design for Tourism
Real Estate Management and Hotel Development
UNICEF, UNDP in UAE and
Ministries, governmental entities and chambers of Commerce and Industry
Private and government organisation geared towards sustainability and governance
UAE's vision 2021 positioning as a hub of research and innovation and sustainable energy
44% UAE Renewable Energy
sector jobs by 2030
Get in Touch
Master of Science in Sustainable Development, Management & Policy
MODUL Hosts 3rd Emirates Environmental Group Panel On Zero Waste Food For Thought
Dubai Investment Week - The Center for Sustainability through Research & Education
Masterclass: How Nestlé implemented a world-class sustainability strategy by Dr. Claus Conzelmann