- About MODUL
- Research - CSRE
- Academic Programmes & Short Courses
- University Preparation
- Transfer Students
- Professional Education
- Inside MBA
- Language Courses by MODUL
- Bespoke Training by MODUL
- Sponsorships & Events
- Corporate Partnerships
- Global Campuses
- Student Life
- Student Services Department
- Life as a MODULian
- On Campus
- Rotation Programme
- International Student Exchange
- Alumni & Career Centre
- Events & Media Centre
- Contact Us
- Online Application
The MSc programme in Sustainable Development, Management, and Policy (SDMP) invites students from diverse backgrounds to explore sustainability through a multidisciplinary lens. The programme strives to build a high level of expertise among its graduates for analyzing conditions and problems related to sustainability and for effective solution design.
- Composed of a unique combination of theory and practical hands-on application
- SDMP students are provided with a solid multidisciplinary background that draws on material from fields including economics, governance, social psychology, environmental sciences, geography, and management.
- Small class sizes provide the ideal environment for collaborative learning. MSc students are challenged to examine a broad range of specific analytical topics and are given the opportunity to apply them in practical ways.
- Topics include stakeholder-specific implementation; public, private, and third sector implications of sustainable development; policy and governance-related sustainability issues; environmental and sustainable management issues; and economic development issues.
The programme’s multidisciplinary curriculum is composed of six unique modules, providing students with a comprehensive framework in research methods, management, and field-specific content in economics, governance, social psychology, environmental sciences, and geography.
|Module 1||Management and Research Fundamentals|
|Module 2||Sustainability Development and Policy|
|Module 3||Professional Application of Sustainable Development|
|Module 4||Elective Courses / Certificates|
|Module 5||Master Thesis|
|Module 6||Internship (Optional)|
2 years (4 semesters)
Strengths of an MSc Degree: Set Yourself Apart
- Multidisciplinary context, unique curriculum, and customized research opportunities
- Emphasis on critical thinking, collaborative learning, and addressing 21st-century challenges
- Exposure to emerging eco-friendly conceptual tools and management skills
- Small class sizes taught by key experts
- Globally-oriented university environment with English as the lingua-franca
- Graduates ready to fill in-demand positions in a wide variety of public and private organizations
Students from diverse academic and professional backgrounds are welcome in MU's Sustainable Development, Management, and Policy programme. Current SDMP students have backgrounds in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, IT, and business. The MU admissions team counsels students from non-traditional backgrounds on what courses they might need to take in order to succeed in the MSc programme.
Tailor your MSc Degree with Certificates
Innovation and Design for Tourism
Real Estate Management and Hotel Development
UNICEF, UNDP in UAE and
Ministries, governmental entities and chambers of Commerce and Industry
Private and government organisation geared towards sustainability and governance
UAE's vision 2021 positioning as a hub of research and innovation and sustainable energy
44% UAE Renewable Energy
sector jobs by 2030
What MODUL is for you...
Annual MODULian Student Party 2017
MODUL University Dubai's 1st Anniversary
MODUL University Dubai Inauguration Ceremony