This course focuses on covering the fundamentals of the real estate market and teaches participants how to recognize various special types of real estate as well as understand the trading potential of hotels. Focus is given to the real estate development process to help participants become conversant with the different types of valuation methods.
Learning outcomes from the course:
The aim of this course is to develop students’ understanding of the key concepts and principles of real estate planning and valuations.
To successfully complete this course students must:
- To understand the fundamentals of the real estate market
- Recognize various special types of real estate
- Understand the trading potential of hotels
- Understand the real estate development process
- Be conversant with the different types of valuation methods
- Can roughly establish and evaluate the cash flow for a hotel operation
- Recognize and understand the aspects that influence the value of properties and yields as decision making tool for investments and developments
- Be conversant with the different key terms of property development and valuation