- About MODUL
- Research - CSRE
- Academic Programmes & Short Courses
- University Preparation
- Transfer Students
- Professional Education
- Inside MBA
- Language Courses by MODUL
- Bespoke Training by MODUL
- Sponsorships & Events
- Corporate Partnerships
- Global Campuses
- Student Life
- Student Services Department
- Life as a MODULian
- On Campus
- Rotation Programme
- International Student Exchange
- Alumni & Career Centre
- Events & Media Centre
- Contact Us
- Online Application
Major in Hotel Management
You will gain in-depth knowledge of the hotel industry with a particular focus on the supply side and create and plan a hotel project from start-to-finish.
- The hospitality industry has long been perceived simply as a peoples’ industry with a main focus on effective service delivery. Without question, the social aspects of the hotel industry are still prevailing, yet the managerial challenges of this profession have gained in complexity.
- Students will study the industry with a particular focus on the supply side - covering the asset life cycle of a hotel, students will devise and plan a hotel project in all facets.
- Analyse current and emerging business and management models and the hotel performance is monitored.
- Operate your own hotel in a simulated environment, competing against other students and challenging each-others’ innovation and entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Learn how to drive change and innovation to address the current challenges in the industry: Traditional business models are questioned and hoteliers are pressured to keep up with developments in technology.
*Title of degree awarded: Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The standard programme duration is 3 years spread over 6 regular semesters. Depending on the number of courses attempted per semester, course planning and selection, students may complete the programme within the standard programme duration of 3 academic years or within extended programme duration of 4 academic years subject to obtaining prior approval. Please approach the University admission department for further information.
A compulsory internship of 900 hours (approximately 4-6 months) during the BBA program enables students to gain first-hand practical experience in a national or international company.
Choice of Majors
Choice of Majors
BBA with a Major in Event Management
International Hotel Chains
Food & Beverage and Entertainment Sectors
Travel and Leisure Industry
What MODUL is for you...
Annual MODULian Student Party 2017
MODUL University Dubai's 1st Anniversary
MODUL University Dubai Inauguration Ceremony