- About MODUL
- Research - CSRE
- GET INVOLVED
- Academic Programmes
- University Preparation
- Transfer Students
- Dean's List
- Short Courses
- Inside MBA
- Language Courses by MODUL
- Bespoke Training by MODUL
- Sponsorships & Events
- Corporate Partnerships
- Global Campuses
- Student Life
- Student Services Department
- Life as a MODULian
- On Campus
- Rotation Programme
- International Student Exchange
- Alumni & Career Centre
- Events & Media Centre
- Contact Us
- Online Application
BBA Major in Hotel Management
Major in Hotel Management
The major in Hotel Management helps you gain in-depth knowledge of the hotel industry with a particular focus on the supply side and create and plan a hotel project from start-to-finish.
- The hospitality industry has long been perceived simply as a peoples’ industry with a main focus on effective service delivery. Without question, the social aspects of the hotel industry are still prevailing, yet the managerial challenges of this profession have gained in complexity.
- Students will study the industry with a particular focus on the supply side - covering the asset life cycle of a hotel, students will devise and plan a hotel project in all facets.
- Analyse current and emerging business and management models and the hotel performance is monitored.
- Operate your own hotel in a simulated environment, competing against other students and challenging each-others’ innovation and entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Learn how to drive change and innovation to address the current challenges in the industry: Traditional business models are questioned and hoteliers are pressured to keep up with developments in technology.
*Title of degree awarded: Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management
A full time programme with a duration of 3 years spread over 6 regular semesters. Depending on the number of courses attempted per semester, course planning and selection, students may complete the programme within the standard programme duration of 3 academic years or within an extended programme duration of 4 academic years subject to obtaining prior approval. Please approach the University admission department for further information.
A compulsory internship of 900 hours (approximately 4-6 months) during the BBA program enables students to gain first-hand practical experience in a national or international company.
Choice of Majors
Expand your horizons with the option to double major with MODUL's Undergraduate degrees. The Bachelor of Business Administration offers students the choice to major in: Event Management, Tourism Management or Hotel Management.
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (180 ECTS) - (including 900 hour internship)
|IV||Economics and Financial Management||14|
|VII||Tourism and Hospitality Management||10|
|IX||Internship (a total of 900 hours)||30|
ECTS points (European Credit Transfer System – ECTS, 87/327/ECC, Official Journal no. L 166 from 25 June 1987, CELEX no. 387D0327) are allocated for each course depending on the student workload. In the schedule of studies, in addition to the numbers of hours, the corresponding ECTS points for each course are allocated.
Each ECTS credit corresponds to 25 working hours for the student.
Choice of Majors
BBA with a Major in Event Management
International Hotel Chains
Food & Beverage and Entertainment Sectors
Travel and Leisure Industry
Get in Touch
People talk a lot these days about the importance of digital literacy and how...
The UNITED ARAB EMIRATES is a fascinating country that welcomes people from all...