- About MODUL
- Research - CSRE
- GET INVOLVED
- Academic Programmes
- University Preparation
- Transfer Students
- Dean's List
- Short Courses
- Inside MBA
- Language Courses by MODUL
- Bespoke Training by MODUL
- Sponsorships & Events
- Corporate Partnerships
- Global Campuses
- Student Life
- Student Services Department
- Life as a MODULian
- On Campus
- Rotation Programme
- International Student Exchange
- Alumni & Career Centre
- Events & Media Centre
- Contact Us
- Online Application
BBA Major in Tourism Management
Major in Tourism Management
The major in Tourism Management highlights the indisputable importance of the tourism industry when it comes to employment and overall contribution to the global and national economies in terms of job creation, revenue generation and overall infrastructure development.
- The focus is intended to tackle the core domains of tourism management: managerial decision making in destination management organizations (DMOs), development of tourism products, understanding tourism policy, tourism demand analysis and forecasting, as well as the integration of information technology and the concept of smart destination.
- Strengthen analytical skills by working with real destination data and learning how to interpret its practical implications for the industry
- Gain a clear understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a destination to enhance competitiveness and create a basis for effective promotion and overall growth.
*Title of degree awarded: Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management
A full time programme with a duration is 3 years spread over 6 regular semesters. Depending on the number of courses attempted per semester, course planning and selection, students may complete the programme within the standard programme duration of 3 academic years or within an extended programme duration of 4 academic years subject to obtaining prior approval. Please approach the University admission department for further information.
A compulsory internship of 900 hours (approximately 4-6 months) during the BBA program enables students to gain first-hand practical experience in a national or international company.
Choice of Majors
Expand your horizons with the option to double major with MODUL's Undergraduate degrees. The Bachelor of Business Administration offers students the choice to major in: Event Management, Tourism Management or Hotel Management.
European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (180 ECTS) - (including 900 hour internship)
|IV||Economics and Financial Management||14|
|VII||Tourism and Hospitality Management||10|
|IX||Internship (a total of 900 hours)||30|
ECTS points (European Credit Transfer System – ECTS, 87/327/ECC, Official Journal no. L 166 from 25 June 1987, CELEX no. 387D0327) are allocated for each course depending on the student workload. In the schedule of studies, in addition to the numbers of hours, the corresponding ECTS points for each course are allocated.
Each ECTS credit corresponds to 25 working hours for the student.
Choice of Majors
BBA with a Major in Hotel Management
Airlines and Travel
Get in Touch
The world we live in today will be different tomorrow, and the single most...
People talk a lot these days about the importance of digital literacy and how...