- About MODUL
- Research - CSRE
- Academic Programmes & Short Courses
- University Preparation
- Transfer Students
- Professional Education
- Inside MBA
- Language Courses by MODUL
- Bespoke Training by MODUL
- Sponsorships & Events
- Corporate Partnerships
- Global Campuses
- Student Life
- Student Services Department
- Life as a MODULian
- On Campus
- Rotation Programme
- International Student Exchange
- Alumni & Career Centre
- Events & Media Centre
- Contact Us
- Online Application
Major in Tourism Management
The importance of the tourism industry is indisputable when it comes to employment and overall contribution to the global economy. Yet, at the same time, destinations nowadays are faced with many challenges that their managers must be able to deal with if they are to ensure long-term viability.
- The focus is intended to tackle the core domains of tourism management: managerial decision making in destination management organizations (DMOs), development of tourism products, understanding tourism policy, tourism demand analysis and forecasting, as well as the integration of information technology and the concept of smart destination.
- Strengthen analytical skills by working with real destination data and learning how to interpret its practical implications for the industry
- Gain a clear understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a destination to enhance competitiveness and create a basis for effective promotion and overall growth.
*Title of degree awarded: Bachelor of Business Administration in Tourism and Hospitality Management
The standard programme duration is 3 years spread over 6 regular semesters. Depending on the number of courses attempted per semester, course planning and selection, students may complete the programme within the standard programme duration of 3 academic years or within extended programme duration of 4 academic years subject to obtaining prior approval. Please approach the University admission department for further information.
A compulsory internship of 900 hours (approximately 4-6 months) during the BBA program enables students to gain first-hand practical experience in a national or international company.
Choice of Majors
Choice of Majors
BBA with a Major in Hotel Management
Airlines and Travel
What MODUL is for you...
Annual MODULian Student Party 2017
MODUL University Dubai's 1st Anniversary
MODUL University Dubai Inauguration Ceremony