- About MODUL
- Research - CSRE
- GET INVOLVED
- Academic Programmes
- University Preparation
- Transfer Students
- Dean's List
- Short Courses
- Inside MBA
- Language Courses by MODUL
- Bespoke Training by MODUL
- Sponsorships & Events
- Corporate Partnerships
- Global Campuses
- Student Life
- Student Services Department
- Life as a MODULian
- On Campus
- Rotation Programme
- International Student Exchange
- Alumni & Career Centre
- Events & Media Centre
- Contact Us
- Online Application
International students looking to study at MODUL University Dubai (MU Dubai), require a Student Visa to stay and study in the UAE. MODUL University Dubai sponsors a Student Visa through Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) for students fully accepted by the Admissions Department and studying in any of the academic programmes.
Student Visa Duration
Student Visa duration is 1 year (12 months) only as set by the rules of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA). Shorter or longer duration is not possible. The visa can be cancelled earlier or renewed upon expiry when required.
Student Visa approval is subject to GDRFA review and undergoes security checks by the relevant UAE authorities. This may occasionally result in delays beyond the control of MU Dubai. Therefore, students are advised to apply as early as possible if a Student Visa is required.
Student Visa Steps
Please note that the procedure for applying for a Student Visa will commence only upon clearance of all admission conditions; tuition fees; visa and insurance fees as outlined in the Conditional Offer Letter. Below are the steps to follow in order to obtain a Student Visa
Submission of Documents
Medical Examination and Emirates ID
Student Visa Stamping
Before entering the country, a student should send the following documents to the Admissions Department:
- Passport: clear colored scan copy (it should be valid for more than six (6) months)
- Passport size (4.3 cm x 5.5 cm) color photo with white background
- A copy of the Undertaking letter signed by a student
- Payment receipt of visa fee, visa security deposit and health insurance fee
- If you are already in the UAE, a copy of your current visit visa or residence visa along with Emirates ID copy if applicable)
- Additional documents required by the Authorities on a case to case basis (e.g. certificate of good conduct, etc.)
MU Dubai will commence Student Visa application with DMCC. Entry Permit will be issued upon successful review. Entry Permit is a visa document which allows the holder to legally enter the UAE within the specified time period. Important Notes:
- Visa application undergoes security checks and issuance of the Entry Permit may take from 1 to 4 weeks respectively
- Timeline of security checks for certain nationalities is not predictable by MU Dubai. Those students who applied for Student Visa inside the country might exceed grace periods and are expected to for their pay overstay. MU Dubai will not be held responsible as Step 2 is beyond the university’s control.
- Entry Permit is not the final Student Visa and next steps must be completed by all students to complete residency in the UAE.
Upon arrival to the UAE, the student should complete the followings:
- Submit the following documents to the Operations Department within 48 hours after arrival:
- Original passport
- Entry Permit stamped at the UAE airport
- Photo: 6 pcs passport size (4.3 cm x 5.5 cm) color photos with white background
- Copy of Emirates ID (If applicable)
- Visit nearest Dubai Health Authority (DHA) Medical Fitness Center (all students above 18 years) for medical examination
- Visit nearest Dubai Emirates ID Authority for fingerprint scan and photo
Following the completion of Step 3 (receipt of “FIT” medical results) and registering the applicant under the University health insurance policy, MU Dubai will process a final Student Visa application to complete the visa stamping. The Operations Department will notify students to collect their passports once stamping has been completed.
|Visa Fee||USD 1500 for the first year of studies||USD 500 for the annual renewal|
|Visa Security Deposit||USD 750 (refundable upon cancellation of visa)|
|Insurance Fee||USD 545 / year (non – refundable)|
* All fees are exclusive of value added tax (VAT) - (VAT not applicable for Visa Security Deposit)
As per GDRFA and Dubai Health Authority (DHA) rules and regulations, it is compulsory to obtain health insurance for students who are under MU Dubai Student Visa sponsorship. It can only be granted after successfully passing a medical examination (i.e. after completion of Step 3 as specified above/below). The Operations Department will notify students to collect their health insurance cards upon issuance. The MU Dubai health insurance card is renewed every 12 months and students are required to pay the relevant fee at the time of applying to renew their visa.
Student Visa Cancellation
Students who graduated or discontinued their studies should cancel their Student Visa sponsored by MU Dubai immediately, leave the country and change visa status within the grace period. Leaving the UAE without visa cancellation may lead to financial penalties and complications with re-entrance to the UAE.
MU Dubai shall hand over the passport and visa cancellation certificate at the airport (Dubai) only. Alternatively, students must present a new entry permit copy (under different a visa sponsor) to collect their passport in case they wish to change visa status inside the country.
A student who fails to leave the country before the set deadlines by GDRFA or fail to provide a new visa arrangement confirmation will be reported to GDRFA and considered absconders by the DMCC authority. MU Dubai takes no responsibility for students who commit an overstay violation, or any other visa violation, including any related consequences. All students must abide by the rules and regulations of residency in the UAE.
Visa cancellation charges are as follows:
|Cancellation inside country||USD 137|
|Cancellation outside country||USD 750 (security deposit will not be refunded)|
Note: MU Dubai will forfeit the visa security deposit and cancel the Student Visa automatically if students violate rules and regulations of GDRFA and do not respond to related requests from MU Dubai staff members.
Student Visa Renewal
Student Visa duration is 1 year (12 months) and students are required to renew their visa should they be continuing with their studies at MU Dubai. The following documents should be submitted to The Operations Department:
- Receipt of visa renewal fee and health insurance fee
- Original passport
- Valid Emirates ID card
- 4 passport size (4.3 cm x 5.5 cm) color photo with white background
Note: Students are strongly advised to submit their Student Visa renewal documents at least one month prior to the date of visa expiry to avoid any delays with visa processing. Students will be held responsible for any fines caused by the late submission.
Student Visa Rejection
A Student Visa application (new visa or renewal) under MU Dubai sponsorship may be rejected under the following circumstances:
- Submission of incorrect/false documents
- Immigration authority may not approve the application
- Failure to pass medical examination
MU Dubai will notify students in case of rejection of their application. Students will be asked to complete the relevant forms and submit them to the Operations Department. Students shall complete required arrangements for an alternate visa sponsor or provide ticket details to leave the country (if students did not pass the medical examination).
Terms & Conditions
Student visas and support services at MODUL University Dubai are subject to eligibility, payment, refund and privacy policies.
* All fees are exclusive of value added tax (VAT).
** Scholarships and Grants are available – scroll down to learn more.
** Payment plans and installments are available upon request and subject to Terms and Conditions.
Starting from 1st January 2018, the UAE Government will be introducing Value Added Tax (VAT) at a standard rate of 5% applicable to most goods and services in the UAE. This tax is being introduced as part of the national strategy towards building a diversified and robust economy, and the continued provision of high quality services for the country’s citizens and residents. MODUL University Dubai will comply with this Government mandate and from 1st January, the standard VAT rate of 5% will apply to our programmes, courses, products and services. Further details will be made available in the coming weeks.