- About MODUL
- Research - CSRE
- Academic Programmes & Short Courses
- University Preparation
- Transfer Students
- Professional Education
- Inside MBA
- Language Courses by MODUL
- Bespoke Training by MODUL
- Sponsorships & Events
- Corporate Partnerships
- Global Campuses
- Student Life
- Student Services Department
- Life as a MODULian
- On Campus
- Rotation Programme
- International Student Exchange
- Alumni & Career Centre
- Events & Media Centre
- Contact Us
- Online Application
MODUL University Dubai is the first internationally accredited Austrian university in the Middle East
Founded on the 20th October 1908, the MODUL brand stands for more than 100 years of excellence in education. The renowned MODUL Tourism College, the forerunner of MODUL University, possesses the world’s longest tradition in tourism & hospitality education.
MODUL University is an international and research oriented private university for tourism, international management, sustainable development, new media technology and public governance. MODUL University home campus is located in Vienna, Austria and was established by the Vienna Chamber of Commerce and Industry in 2007.
MODUL University is accredited by the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria), established by the Austrian government based on the Act on Quality Assurance in Higher Education (HS-QSG).
In 2016, the first international campus of MODUL University was opened in Dubai, UAE. In addition to AQ Austria’s accreditation, it is licensed by the Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) of the Emirate of Dubai.
MODUL University Dubai’s mission is to become the leading European center of excellence in business and hospitality education in the Middle East.
Available vacancies listed below:
MODUL University is currently seeking outstanding scholars with a track record of excellence in research and international practice to support the academic establishment and development of the Dubai campus. Emeritus professors or younger outstanding professors are welcome to apply as limited time contracts are offered as well.
Full Time Associate Professor in New Media Technology and Communications
MODUL University Dubai is seeking an outstanding scholar at the Associate Professor level in the area of New Media Technology and Communications to jointly advance the state of the art in one or more of the following disciplines: Web Intelligence, Big Data, Social Media Analytics, Knowledge Extraction, Content Mining, Linked Data, Semantic Search, or Information Visualization.
- Leading an independent research programme in the field of New Media Technology and Communications with cross-disciplinary research on Web intelligence, knowledge management and visual analytics as well as mentoring and engaging students into the research activities at MODUL University Dubai
- Teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate programme levels
- Supervising bachelor and master theses
- Initiating and sustaining collaborative research programmes with other universities, research institutes and industry partners
- Apply innovative pedagogical methods in the classroom to facilitate learning for students with diverse backgrounds
- Administrative and academic support
- Doctorate in business informatics, computer science, management information systems, business administration, or a closely related field.
- Outstanding track record in terms of publications and research project experience.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to supervise and participate in software development efforts.
- Teaching experience and commitment to conduct engaging lectures and seminars.
- Willingness to contribute to the internal services of the university
- Excellent written and spoken English (German is not a requirement).
The call for applications is open until the position is filled. The review of applications will commence in January 2018.
Employment opportunities are equal and we especially encourage qualified women and members of minority groups to apply and welcome all applications that can contribute to a diverse working culture. Emeritus scholars or younger outstanding professors are welcome to apply. A competitive all-in (tax-free) package is being offered which includes medical insurance and visa support. Relocation expenses are not included.
Successful candidates will enjoy interaction with a professional and dynamic team of highly respected educators from different countries and exposure to students from different nationalities.
Please submit your application including cover letter, curriculum vitae, and statement of teaching interest to the following email address: email@example.com
All applications shall be in English language and in PDF format not exceeding 3MB.
It is mandatory for every candidate for Academic vacancies to fill the application form along with sending his/her CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all working professionals who are seeking an opportunity in the administrative departments of the university, please send your CV / resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Head of Student Services / Student Services Department
This is a key position that is opening at MODUL University Dubai. The post holder will have strategic responsibility for the management and oversight of the following key areas of MODUL’s activity – in no particular order:
- General: Lead and represent the department of Student Services in the day to day operations; provide campus-wide leadership by directing the department's work with faculty and staff, students and partners to ensure student engagement and retention goals of MODUL; Lead and manage the department’s annual budget centered around the implementation of the “MODULian Card”
- Customer care: Build and maintain relationships with students, faculty and parents to effectively communicate academic and/or behavioral performance plans; Escalate and resolve areas of concern as raised by parents and students
- Career guidance: Provide effective and timely career advising to MODUL students on career options, resume and cover letter critique, development of job search strategies and interview preparation
- Career center development: Foster partnership and increase opportunities through continuous, targeted engagement with HR offices of corporate partners, including organization of networking sessions as well as customized initiatives to meet the hiring needs of the organization
- Internship support and placements: Advertise vacancies and opportunities to students; Lead and manage multi-sector placements, internships and effective career development support for MODUL Students
Training and development: Identify and organise relevant workshops and trainings to ensure that MODUL students develop skills needed to grow their careers and conduct effective job searches; identify professionals from respective industries to conduct career talks to increase the exposure of students to the business world; organize networking sessions to create additional platform to connect corporates and students
The post holder is a member of the MODUL University leadership team and reports directly to the Administrative Director.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Education industry
- Master’s degree in counseling, administration, human resources or related field is preferable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, credibility, confidentiality, and responsibility in all interactions
- Passion for working with students
What MODUL is for you...
Annual MODULian Student Party 2017
MODUL University Dubai's 1st Anniversary
MODUL University Dubai Inauguration Ceremony